Monday, June 16, 2008

An update on us...

So, it's the last "week" (2  1/2 days actually) of school!!  YEAH!!  It's going to be nice to sleep in and not have to worry about getting anyone off to school.  I'll also be teaching Jazzercise classes in the mornings instead of the afternoons and belly dance classes are almost over.  tonight is the last class and then we have our recital on Thursday.   I'll be so glad when it's over!!  

I've been working on some scrapbooking LOs lately as well.  I like to do the challenges at the www.scrapshanty.com and I'm even in a So You Think You Can Scrap contest.  As of this moment, I don't know if my partner, Mel, and I have moved on to round 3 or not.  We got slaughtered this week in the voting.  We only got 1 vote.  Last week we only had 2.  (Unfortunately, not many people have been voting.) This week, only the top 6 groups move on to the next round.  Here's the LOs I've done for the contest:

  

Week 1 - Forever Sisters:  Scraplift of my partners LO:  http://www.scrapshanty.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=10353





Week 2:  Mike's Re-enlistment:  For this LO we had to follow a design sketch.

You know, I think part of my problem is that I'm a "Simple Scrapper".  I don't like lots of fussiness on my LOs.  I don't want to see how much "stuff" I can use on the page.  I just want to tell the story of the pics and let that be my focus.  Oh well.  

5 comments:

Emma said...

I think your layouts look great Toni - I hope you guys move forward!

The Mom said...

I love your layout for the contest!! It is awesome!! :)

Lacey said...

They are great Toni, besides the goal is to make yourself happy in your hobby, not others!

Unknown said...

Hey...I like your stuff. :) I am a simple scrapper as well... i don't like all the stuff on my page. Mainly cuz I can't figure out how to pull it off. :)

Hillary (Eddygrl13 @ scrapshanty.

Treighsie said...

I love your layouts!!