Monday, May 12, 2008

I've made a decision...

Well, after mulling it over for a while, I've come to the conclusion that my days of belly dancing are coming to an end.  Although I'm not a "pro" dancer, only a "hobbyist", it's time to let this part of my life go.  I think part of it has to do with my move to Maine.  When I originally started dancing in Virginia, I danced with my friends.  Here, I'm not as involved in the dance community and it has made my passion for it dwindle.  For 4 years I've danced, but the energy is gone from it. I also feel like I gave up other things when I started to dance, and now those things are working their way back into my life.  I'm evolving and finding new paths to follow.  Life is a journey, and all journeys involves change.  Sometimes for the worse, and sometimes for the better.  Which will this be?  Who knows... but I'm willing to give it a shot and see where the new roads take me.  

1 comment:

Mel H. said...

Tough decision, Toni. I guess when it isn't fun anymore you need to move on.