Thursday, May 01, 2008

ran 5k today

Well, in prep for my first official 5k race on sunday, May 4th, I ran the full 5k today on the treadmill at a 0.5% incline.  It was pretty slow going as I was only averaging about 5 mph, but I did it.  I finished without stopping.  At one point I had to take it down to 4.5 mph for about 45 seconds, but then I brought it back up again.  My time was 36:36.  I'm hoping to actually do it faster on Sunday when I am surrounded by all those people and can feel the energy and excitement.  I just hope I'm not hurting too much tomorrow, because I'm running the actual 5k course tomorrow to get a feel for it.  Then Saturday is yoga to stretch out all these tired muscles.  I just wish Mike was home to give me a victory rub-down after the race.  I guess I'll just have to settle for a nice hot bath instead.  LOL!!

No comments: